Smart Home News

Essential Smart Home Technology News and Tech Guides

Forums

Welcome to our Smart Home Forum: Your Hub for Smart Home Automation and Technology Solutions

Are you looking to elevate your home with cutting-edge smart home automation? Look no further than our Smart Home Forum, the premier online community dedicated to all things smart home. Our forum is your go-to resource for expert advice, troubleshooting tips, and in-depth discussions on the latest smart home technologies. Whether you’re a seasoned enthusiast or just starting your journey into the world of automation. Join our Smart Home Forum today and unlock the full potential of your connected living space!

Notifications
Clear all

Late Motion Detection with Aqara G4 Doorbell

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@smartman)
Topic starter  

Hey everyone,

I recently installed an G4 doorbell, but I'm noticing that when it's on battery power, it tends to detect motion quite late. As a result, the recording only captures the back of someone who has already walked past the camera.

Additionally, the button's ring only lights up after a person has stood in front of it for a couple of seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with their G4 doorbell? I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection or button light. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

(@shmscott)
Member Admin

Hi,

Try this setting to fix the delay - set duration of stay to 0.

See attached Image for settings page

Aqara settings

Smart and Secure: The Smart Home Experts

ReplyQuote
(@alphatech)

"Hey there,

I had a similar issue with my G4 doorbell. To improve motion detection, try adjusting sensitivity settings in the app. For the delayed button light, check for firmware updates; sometimes they address such issues. Hope this helps!"

ReplyQuote
Share: